Please be sure to read through the info below to be prepared for the class on Friday, April 3rd. This class will be presented as a hands-on class therefore you do need to have a computer with Resolve 16.2 installed. If you do not, you are welcome to experience the class as a “show & tell”. Once the class has completed we will email you a video of the class so you can review any of the class exercises.
You must register to participate in this online class.
Class: DaVinci Resolve 16 Overview
Date: April 3 (Friday)
Time: 10am – 2pm PST
Instructor: Steve Martin
To prepare for your upcoming class you will need to:
1. Download and install DaVinci Resolve 16.2
2. Download training media from the Beginners Guide which is on the Blackmagic Design website: (you will need to scroll down the page a bit to find)
3. Download and install the zoom classroom application for macOS and Windows:
(For iPad download the Zoom Cloud meetings app.)
For the most optimal experience there are a few things you can do to prepare for the class:
– Set aside a space that has very few distractions where you can focus for a few hours.
– We strongly suggest you have a dual monitor setup or use a laptop or iPad for Zoom and open Resolve on your desktop.
– You’ll want to have headphones to hear the Zoom laptop or tablet.
– Once you log into the meeting your iPad or laptop webcam will be enabled but you will initially be muted.
– If you have questions during the course we recommend using the Zoom’s built-in chat to send a message to the instructor.
– Please be sure you have downloaded Resolve 16.2 and the media as mentioned above. This is critical to following along with the instructor.
Below are a couple of videos to help you get setup with your training before the course.
Joining a Meeting
Joining & Configuring Audio and Video
Agenda: Overview of DaVinci Resolve – 4 Hour Online
10:00 – 10:15 – Introductions & Welcome
10:15 – 11:00 – Cut Page (:45)
11:00 – 11:45 – Edit Page (:45)
11:45 – 12:00 – Break (:15)
12:00 – 12:30 – Fusion Page (:30)
12:30 – 1:15 – Color Page (:45)
1:15 – 1:45 – Fairlight Page (:30)
1:45 – 2:00 – Deliver Page (:15)