Richard Sanchez. Having recently worked on the feature film Bill & Ted Face the Music, Richard brought his valuable experience to his presentation filled with important explanations of VFX terminology which he provided for us as a pdf document from, his training platform Master the Workflow. (Thanks Richard!) Richard gave a detailed explanation what a VFX editor actually does and shared a lot of insight on things that he wished he had known before he started in the role! Our members were glued to their screens as Richard kindly went above and beyond to answer so many of our questions.
Participate Free via phone, tablet, computer or connected TV
Like the Expo’s successful in-person events, online guests will be treated to a full schedule of curated finalist films including Independent Shorts, Music Video/Commercials and Student Shorts with submissions from AFI, USC, & London Film Schools. Following the screenings, CineGear guest host, Jay Holben, will moderate a spirited online networking event, complete with trivia questions, prize give-aways, lively chat and more. Viewers will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite film in each category that will be tallied with the selections of CineGear’s independent team of industry judges. Next comes the Award Presentation when winners will receive filmmaking prizes generously donated by top industry tech and services companies.
Independent Short Film finalists:
• Swimming, Director: Anna Chi
• Sound, Director/Writer: Tawan Bazemore
• Second Team, Director: Ria Pavia
• Stevie, Director/Writer: Eric L. Thompson
• Godspeed MC/For God and Country, Director: R.J. Hall
• Stormchaser, Director: Gretl Claggett
• Waves, Director: Jane Hae Kim
• The Entity, Director/Writer: Chi K. In
• Music Video / Commercial Finalists:
• Nice Shoes, Director/Writer: Jonathan Lawrence
• Hey, Beautiful!, Director: Kenneth Ferrone
• Chasing the Horizon, Director: Sasha A. Logov
• Alive, Director/Writer: Carissa Dorson
• Oo La La, Director/Writer/Producer: Frank Rogala
• James Arthur feat. Travis Barker – You, Director/Producer: Timon Birkhofer
• Stellar Moto Brand Commercial, Director/Writer: Iggi Ogard
• About the Girl in the Trunk, Director/Writer: Lindsay Clift
• Slant – With or Without You, Director: Vez Visuals
• Student Short Film Finalists:
• Día de Las Carpas- AFI Conservatory, Director: Joao Dall’Stella
• They Won’t Last- AFI Conservatory, Director: Portlynn Tagavi
• Natives- The Peter Stark Producing Program, Director: Ramon Farrier
• Tree #3- AFI Conservatory, Director: Omer Ben-Shachar
• Our Home Here- AFI Conservatory, Director: Angela Chen
• GROK SEE BLUE- AFI Conservatory, Director/Producer: Quinn Else
• A Guide to Being Herman- USC Film School, Director: Sergio Zaciu
• Furthest From- AFI Conservatory, Director: Kyung Sok Kim
• Time Difference- London College of Communications, Director: Xuqin Sun
• Pumpkin- CAL State LA, Television, Film & Media Studies, Director: Chris Collins
Join CineGear Film Series Competition October 3, 2020 Screenings: Noon – 5:17 pm PDT
After-Party: 5:20 pm – 6:20 pm
Free Registration and schedule:
Registrants will receive detailed instructions and online links to enjoy full participation in the CineGear 2020 Film Series Competition.
It was great “seeing” so many of you at our 12th Anniversary meeting with Sony Electronics on June 30th. Join us as we head online again next month via ZOOM, from the comfort of your home on:
Join Karl Soule as he shares new Adobe Productions for Premiere Pro, which is now available in Premiere Pro 14.1. Productions provide new tools for managing projects, sharing assets between them, and keeping everything organized, whether you’re working on your own or collaborating with a team. Productions was designed from the ground up with input from top filmmakers and Hollywood editorial teams. Early versions of the underlying technology were battle-tested on recent films such as Terminator: Dark Fate and Dolemite is My Name. Productions are being used now in editorial on films like David Fincher’s Mank. Learn how Productions can work for you. Karl will also touch on using Productions in this new work-from-home world.
We’re excited to hangout with you online again!