Join Sony DMPC‘s monthly Behind the Camera Training Series, open to film and TV industry professionals who want to learn and discuss Sony’s tools for digital cinematography.
This FREE training series is designed to educate, inspire, and answer questions for film and video professionals across the industry. Trainings are one hour, include presentation and live Q&A, and will take place the first Tuesday of every month between June and December, as follows:
Tues. Jun 2, 2020 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM PDT – Sony VENICE & FX9: Wireless Remote, XDCAM Air and Auto-Proxy Upload to Ci
Tues. Jul 7, 2020 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM PDT – Sony VENICE Fun Facts: Cache Record, Flip and Flop, EI changes, RIALTO
Tues. Aug 4, 2020 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM PDT – Sony VENICE & FX9: HDR and SDR on set monitoring (LUTs/High/Low Key)
Tues. Sep 1, 2020 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM PDT – Sony VENICE NEW Technicolor Look Library and Sony .art explained
Tues. Oct 6, 2020 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM PDT – Sony VENICE Version 6.0 Beta Test Run
Tues. Nov 3, 2020 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM PST – Sony VENICE 6.0 & FX9 2.0: A great multi-cam combo
Tues. Dec 1, 2020 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM PST – Sony VENICE Discussion with Special Guest Cinematographer (TBA)
Details on registration at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7270687071988792589?source=LAPPG
June 5th – 7th | Friday, 3pm PT – Sunday, 10pm PT
NewFilmmakers Los Angeles (NFMLA) showcases and champions emerging filmmakers and diverse storytellers from around the world. In response to the COVID-19 crisis, they’ve moved our programming to virtual platforms. This includes the NFMLA Monthly Film Festival, now powered by Seed&Spark. This edition will include short and feature film programs, Q&A’s, panels and selections from our InFocus initiative which combats the lack of diversity in media.
On June 5th, they’ll be hosting three panels. They’re listed below.
On June 6th, they’ll be hosting our InFocus: Female Cinema Film Festival, which includes two shorts programs rich with a variety of stories, genres and perspectives from female filmmakers, along with Romance Analyst, an exciting new feature by writer-director Rachel Wortell.
On June 7th, their InFocus will be Asian Cinema with a pair of shorts programs featuring work by talented Asian and Asian-American directors, including three world premieres. The day’s programming concludes with polyamorous dramedy First Blush, the feature film debut of director Victor Neumark.
Each screening will be followed by live Q&A’s via Zoom. Moderators include Emily V Gordon (co-writer of The Big Sick) and Jeff Yang (Journalist at CNN and Head of Global Futures).
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit: https://www.seedandspark.com/festivals/nfmla
OWC Receives Gold from American Business Awards for the ThunderBay 4 mini and Mercury Elite Pro Dock
Tech trailblazer also takes bronze for the Accelsior 4M2
OWC®; a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company and one of the world’s most respected providers of Memory, External Drives, SSDs, Mac & PC docking solutions and performance upgrade kits, will be presented two Gold Stevie® Awards from the American Business Awards® (ABA) for their ThunderBay 4 mini Thunderbolt 3 and Mercury Elite Pro Dock. A virtual award ceremony will be held during an online presentation being held on August 5th.
OWC’s ThunderBay 4 mini Thunderbolt 3 SSD and HDD storage solution is the 2020 Gold winner in the Hardware – Storage category, and OWC’s Mercury Elite Pro Dock dual-drive RAID Thunderbolt 3 docking station is the 2020 Gold winner in the Hardware – Computer category. OWC also will receive a Bronze award for the Accelsior 4M2 PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD Storage Solution in the Hardware – Storage category.
The American Business Awards are the U.S.A.’s premier business awards program. All organizations operating in the U.S.A. are eligible to submit nominations – public and private, for-profit and non-profit, large and small. Nicknamed the Stevies for the Greek word meaning “crowned,” the Gold Stevie Award has been granted for high achievement in business to organizations and individuals in more than 60 countries since 2002.
“The entire team at OWC is excited to receive three Stevies from the American Business Awards for 2020,” said OWC Founder & CEO Larry O’Connor. “We are extremely proud of creating and producing a complete line of technology products that allow our customers to easily stay connected, especially during this time, and to not only expand their current technology, but to keep their content and creations stored safely for years to come. We are grateful to the judges for their consideration, and to our customers everywhere for their ongoing support.”
Regarding the Mercury Elite Pro Dock, judges offered this praise:
• “The OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dock appears to be a complete solution to help organize digital life. The product provides a wide variety of ports and options to its users. 4K Monitor support is something new in the market and very useful. Support for both Mac and Windows are definitely a plus.”
• “Good job in designing all-in-one inclusive dock that has several extensible options. In particular the flexibility in pre-configured RAID controller.”
• “…the product targets people who are managing, editing, and developing video and other high definition files requiring both high capacity and fast transfer requirements…”
Regarding the ThunderBay 4 mini Thunderbolt 3, judges’ acclaim included:
• “OWC delivers workflow solutions perfectly tailored for any project.”
• “This ThunderBay hardware provides many robust features: No additional drives needed, easy plug & play, faster than AppleRaid, data reliability.”
• “Great storage solution for a niche category, softRaid features are promising.”
Regarding the Accelsior 4M2, judges’ comments included:
• “What else can we say. When you engineer to win, the proof is in the speed.”
• “4M2 Adapter Card has some really nice features such as harnesses the power of M.2 NVMe technology to achieve breakthroughs in large format video editing, VR/AR/MR environments, and extreme gaming. This is really nice to see in an adapter card.”
• “Great way to increase efficiency and boost up computer.”
The American Business Awards also feature a People’s Choice Award component, in which anyone can vote by clicking the links for the following products:
• OWC ThunderBay 4 mini, Thunderbolt
• OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dock
• OWC Accelsior 4M2 Adapter Card
All OWC products can be found on their e-commerce site at: www.macsales.com.
From the comfort of our homes, ZEISS will host a special virtual event with distinguished Director of Photography Nancy Schreiber, ASC on Friday, May 29, 12:00pm PDT.
Sign up for this live chat with Nancy, where they’ll discuss her process for Mapplethorpe in-depth. Learn how she approached the creation of “the look” for this indie darling, which was captured on Kodak film using an ARRI 416 and ZEISS Super Speed lenses.
As a special treat, participants will also get an exclusive sneak peek at her upcoming series P-Valley, arriving to Starz this July! During this Ask Me Anything style session, viewers are encouraged to interact with Nancy and ask for advice on advancing their craft.
How Do You Sign Up?
They’re streaming this event on Zoom. Please download the app then follow these instructions carefully:
• Register below through Eventbrite
• First 300 people to sign up will be accepted. Recorded session will be distributed at a later date.
• A Zoom link will be emailed to ticket holders on the day of the event. Please check your spam folder for Eventbrite reminders.
Now, head to our Eventbrite page and secure your spot today!