Portable SSD for All Computerkind works with past, present, and future Macs; Windows and Linux PCs; and iPad Pro, Chromebook, and Surface devices with data speeds up to 2800MB/s
OWC®, the premier zero-emissions Mac and PC technology company, and a respected provider of Memory, External Drives, SSDs, Mac & PC docking solutions, and performance upgrade kits announces the OWC Envoy Pro FX universal compatible Thunderbolt and USB Portable SSD. By supporting the max performance capability of any interface up to 2800MB/s and built like a tank with dust/drop/waterproof certification, you can transfer gigabytes of data in seconds anywhere.
The OWC Envoy Pro FX is ideal for everyone and every need for Mac and PC compatibility spanning back to 2010. Fast, tough, Bus-powered (no AC adapter needed) portability. That’s a lot of features boxes checked off. The OWC Envoy Pro FX then goes to the next level by being the ideal drive for various uses and ranging from photography, video, and document storage backups to a secondary/portable OS boot drive. The perfect on-set project drive for editing dailies, multi-angled camera shots, utilizing large sample libraries within audio projects, or portable Steam games library.
Its sleek, heat-dissipating charcoal grey aluminum housing is IP67 rated so that you can work in the dirtiest and wettest environments. Take on the urban jungle or a chaotic movie set with supreme confidence that your data is protected by MIL-STD810G certified military-level drop toughness. It’s so tough that it was sent into space and back aboard the Blue Origin New Shepard rocket. Whether you’re dropping it in a puddle or suspending it in zero-G, the Envoy Pro FX has all the right stuff.
OWC Envoy Pro FX Highlights
- Plug & play with past, present and future Macs, Windows and Linux PCs, iPad Pros, Chromebooks, and Surface devices
- Supports the max performance capability of any Thunderbolt and USB interface – up to 2800MB/s
- Perfect for audio, video, photography, graphics, gaming, and general data storage/backup use
- Advanced storage technology with TRIM support works with Thunderbolt to deliver the fastest and most reliable portable drive performance available today
- Certified dustproof, drop-proof, and waterproof
- Bus-powered and smaller that most compact smartphones
- Fanless, heat dissipating aluminum housing for distraction-free operation
- Included Thunderbolt/USB cable plugs into to any machine, anywhere
- Worry-free: Up to 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty and lifetime US-based support
“The OWC Envoy Pro FX is a giant leap For All Computerkind™,” said Larry O’Connor, CEO and Founder of OWC. “It’s the first portable SSD with out-of-this-world performance and compatibility. With the OWC Envoy Pro FX, you plug into past, current Thunderbolt and USB equipped Macs and PCs, or future Thunderbolt 4 and USB4 machines.”
Pricing & Availability:
The OWC Envoy Pro FX 240GB to 2TB models will be available in January 2021, starting at $169 on Macsales.com.