Sight, Sound & Story: The Art of Cinematography
MEWShop’s speaker series continues in New York City with a night behind the scenes of cinematography.
Manhattan Edit Workshop (MEWShop), the cutting-edge authorized digital training destination for visual content creators, announces the expansion of their successful speakers series “Sight, Sound & Story,” with Sight, Sound & Story: The Art of Cinematography, debuting September 30th in New York City.
This new evening event celebrates the craft of visual storytelling from the masters behind the camera; taking the audience on an in-depth look at the process of shooting narrative, documentary and series television. Following the event will be a Networking Party & Tech Lounge where the audience can meet the panelists, moderators and event sponsors. “As our editing events gained more popularity from year to year, the next logical step was to add a production element to the Sight, Sound and Story series,” says MEWShop owner Josh Apter. “For three years we’ve successfully gone ‘inside the edit room’ with our June post-production summit. At this new event, we plan to share the same insights from the cinematographer’s art with some of the best in the business.”
This special evening event features:
• Paul Koestner (Louie, Deadbeat, Better Things)
• Nancy Schreiber, ASC (November, The Nines, The Comeback)
• Bob Richman (An Inconvenient Truth, The September Issue, Paradise Lost: the Robin Hood Hills Child Murders)
• Matt Porwoll (Cartel Land, Crisis Hotline: Veterans Press 1)
• Jerry Ricciotti (Vice, Vice News)
• Josh & Jason Diamond (The Diamond Bros.)
• Hugo Perez (Betty La Flaca, Juliet Y Ramon)
Sight, Sound & Story: The Art of Cinematography Panel Topics
Planned Sight, Sound & Story: The Art of Cinematography panel sessions include: “The Many Challenges of Nonfiction Cinematography” and “A Cinematographer’s Vision: Creating Distinct Looks for Film & TV.”
For more information about panel topics, speakers and moderators, please click HERE.
2015 Technology Sponsors:
• OWC joins us this year to showcase their amazing products to attendees. OWC is the manufacturer and upgrade provider of choice for Apple and PC enthusiasts and has been providing OWC memory upgrades for Apple computers since 1988. Widely recognized for its exemplary customer service, OWC provides extensive US-based technical support for Mac and PC users around the world.
• Perennial sponsor Blackmagic Design returns showcasing their innovating creative video technology; from cutting edge professional cameras to their groundbreaking software.
Sight, Sound & Story: The Art of Cinematography will take place on September 30, 2015 at the NYIT Auditorium on Broadway located at 1871 Broadway, just steps from Columbus Circle and Lincoln Center. Admission is $45.00. Cost includes ticket to Sight, Sound and Story panels and networking party with open bar, hors d’oeuvres & sponsored giveaways.
To register, please click HERE.