December’s Holiday meeting was full of goodwill and cheer as our members flooded the Community Room at Crossroads with bags of non-perishable food for those in need in our local community. The donations were collected for the Westside Food Bank.
Making this evening even more special was editor Dan Lebental, ACE sharing insights on his work on Marvel’s Spider-man: Homecoming and AI in the Editing Room presented by USC Professor of Cinematic Arts, Norman Hollyn. We ended the evening with our largest giveaway of the year and an excitement to see what the year ahead will bring!
Join us for our first meeting of the new year!
As the growing immersive video space evolves, editors require robust, stereoscopic enabled tools for fixing and finishing 360 video projects. Mary Poplin, local product specialist from Boris FX will discuss common 360 challenges and how Mocha VR and the new Boris Continuum VR plug-ins complement the 360 video workflow for Adobe, Avid and Blackmagic users.
What is 360 Video?
How to edit, add graphics and improve 360 video quality.
Advanced tasks: stabilize the horizon to fix nausea inducing motion and remove the camera from nadir.
Mary Poplin is an experienced visual effects and motion graphics artist. Mary has worked on major Hollywood feature films such as The Last Airbender, Gulliver’s Travels, and Jackass 3D. As Boris FX/Imagineer Systems’ west coast product specialist, Mary consults with film studios and customers to provide hands on training.
Whether you are looking to start the year out fresh with a new opportunity or hoping to advance in your current one, January always bring us the chance to make sure that you are putting your best foot forward in this fiercely competitive industry. Join us as LAPPG co-founder and award-winning re-recording mixer and Owner of Allied Post Audio, Woody Woodhall, CAS shares some of his hard-won lessons on this subject in an informative and entertaining presentation about what you need to know to get or keep your job in 2018.
Or please send an email to rsvp-at-lappg-dot-com.
As always there will be plenty of time to network, enjoy some coffee and participate in our great giveaway!
$5.00 kindly requested at the door will include 1 giveaway ticket.
Crossroads School for Arts & Sciences
@ Sports Complex – 2nd Floor – Community Room
1634 18th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Click here for a map.
OWC®, a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, will introduce and demonstrate an entire new family of ground-breaking ThunderboltTM 3-integrated products at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. OWC’s management team and Founder/CEO Larry O’Connor will attend CES Unveiled on January 7th, and the products will be displayed in OWC’s hospitality suite located in the Palazzo Hotel throughout the show.
The new products will launch officially on January 8th, and represent over 30 years of experience developing innovative technology solutions for creative professionals. This new family of Thunderbolt 3 products provides some of the most extreme examples of Thunderbolt 3 technology ever produced. Products launching at CES include:
• ThunderBlade V4 – Ultra resilient and completely silent, the ThunderBlade V4 is the fastest external drive on the market today. Capable of speeds up to 2800MB/s Read and 2450MB/s Write, it is the perfect solution for digital ingest and other high-tech applications. With the included ruggedized hard shell carrying case and capacities from 1TB up to 8TB, this highly-portable drive is ready to take on location. MSRP from $1,199.99 to $4,999.00.
• Envoy Pro EX Thunderbolt 3 – The bus-powered Envoy Pro EX Thunderbolt 3 mobile drive offers high speeds, ruggedness and the ultra-portability of easily being able to carry it in a backpack or coat pocket. Speeds of up to 2600MB/s Read and 1600MB/s Write make it a must-have solution for professionals on the move. At about half the size of most drives in this class, the Envoy Pro EX Thunderbolt 3 is the perfect solution for high-speed applications on the go. Available in capacities of 1TB at MSRP $979.99 and 2TB at MSRP $1,699.99.
• ThunderBay 4 Thunderbolt 3 – Thunderbolt 3 speeds up this award-winning, highly-acclaimed product line. With speeds up to twice as fast as the original and capacities up to 48TB, this new version will continue to provide to performance the pros rely on to create workflows without limitations and meet the demands of the most complex projects. Starting at $699 for 4TB.
• Thunderbolt 3 Dual Display Adapters – Use the displays that best work for you. Connect two DisplayPort 4K displays @60Hz, or one 5K display @60Hz via the DisplayPort model or two HDMI 4K displays @60Hz via the HDMI model. The Dual DisplayPort Adapter has an MSRP of $79.99, while the Dual HDMI Adapter has an MSRP of $99.99.
• Thunderbolt 3 Dock (WindowsTM and Mac) – With the newest version of the award-winning OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock, OWC brings its powerful dock to the Windows world, delivering more connectivity, power and charging capability at the fastest speed available. This sleek dock offers 12 ports including dual Thunderbolt 3, five USB 3.1, Gigabit Ethernet, S/PDIF, combo audio, Mini DisplayPort, SD Card Slot, and supports laptop charging. MSRP is $299.95.
OWC will celebrate its 30-year anniversary in 2018, a milestone that is almost unheard of for a privately-held technology company. Founder Larry O’Connor started the company while still in school, only four years after the launch of the original Macintosh. He honed his focus when he realized he could help other Mac users make their machines better and faster and last longer by offering processor, storage and memory products so they could do their own upgrades. OWC now employs more than 200 people at locations across North America and continues to develop and manufacture the innovative and transformative products OWC customers have come to expect.
Having served the Apple community worldwide since 1988, OWC has become the reliable manufacturer and upgrade provider of choice for Apple and PC enthusiasts with its extensive catalog of accessories, storage, and memory upgrades for nearly every Mac made in the past decade. Recognized for award-winning customer service, OWC provides extensive U.S.-based technical support for Mac and PC users around the world and comprehensive step-by-step installation and support videos.
© 2017 Other World Computing, Inc. All rights reserved. Apple and Mac are the trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Intel and Thunderbolt are trademarks of Intel Corporation registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft. Other marks may be the trademark or registered trademark property of their respective owners.
Visit OWC at: www.owcdigital.com
PremiumBeat releases their first mobile app, designed to let customers listen to curated tracks on their phones or tablets.
In an effort to help video editors find the right music for their projects while away from their workstations, PremiumBeat has released a new app designed to help customers favorite PremiumBeat tracks and create custom playlists — all from the convenience of their phones or mobile devices.
PremiumBeat also understands that some video editors may not have the capability to run an internet browser while working with high-resolution media files in their nonlinear editor of choice. The new app lets video editors continue to cut their projects while browsing for music on another device.
Download the app to listen to over 8,500 original and exclusive royalty-free tracks composed by world-class composers. What’s more, the music is copyright clear — meaning it’s ready for use in film, television, video game, and web projects. The simple licensing allows users to quickly download music so they can upload projects immediately to sites like Facebook, YouTube, and Vimeo.
With the app, users can favorite tracks and build playlists. The app syncs with user accounts, so any playlists you build in the app will be waiting for your on your desktop.
This is just first in a series of major updates to the PremiumBeat workflow and website. Be sure to stay tuned for more.